Terms & Conditions
AMZ Competitions Limited, company number 670087, are the only promoters. The competitions are not run, sponsored or endorsed by any other party than AMZ Competitions Limited. AMZ Competitions Limited are skill based run competitions.
2. The Competition
2.1 The terms and conditions stated here apply to all competitions run by the promoter.
2.2 The competition is open to any person 16 years or older (excluding limited companies, partnerships and/or limited liability partnerships). Any person under the age of 18 must have permission from parent/guardian to enter. It is not the responsibility of the promoter should anyone under the age of 18 who has entered not been given permission and no refund will be given.
2.3 All entrants are eligible to win the prize of the competition they have selected to enter once the terms and conditions apply.
2.4 The competition will run from and including the opening date and close when all entries have been sold and free entries submitted. In some cases there may be a closing date to which all entries must be received no later than the specified time on the closing date. All competition entries received after the specified time are automatically disqualified and no refunds will be given. All times and dates referred to are the times and dates in Dublin, Ireland.
2.5 Once the competition is sold out or reached the closing date, an announcement will be made as to when the live draw will take place.
2.6 If for any circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to change the opening and closing dates. Should any competition have the dates changed, the new dates will be updated on the website.
3. How To Enter
3.1 Each entrant is limited to a maximum of 20 entries (subject to availability)
3.2 The maximum number entries to the competition will be stated on the website.
3.3 Each entry must be paid in Euro ( € )
3.4 To enter the competitions:
· Select the competition you wish to enter on the website
· Submit your answer for the qualifying question for the competition
· Select the desired quantity (20 entries max per entrant) and add to cart
· Proceed to checkout and register an account (faster for returning customers) or guest checkout
· Follow the steps and confirm order
3.5 A free entry route is available by the promoter through social media and by post. To enter via social media for a free entry, follow instructions on social media platform.
3.6 How to enter via free entry by post:
· Select the competition on the website you wish to enter to view the competition qualifying question
· Send an enclosed letter to AMZ Competitions Limited, 52 Hazelwood, Bray Co. Wicklow, A98K759, ROI containing the following information:
· 1. The competition you wish to enter
· 2. Your answer to the competition qualifying question
· 3. Your full name and postal address
· 4. Your telephone number and email address
· 5. Your date of birth
3.7 Information regarding free entries:
· Free entries are limited to one per person per competition
· Free entries are treated in the same manner as a paid entry as long as all steps are carried out correctly through the social media platform(s) and for postal entries that the qualifying question is answered correctly
· The selected entrant for a free entry will be contacted via social media platform(s) to be notified of entry.
· All relevant information must be given to the promoter for free entry
· If the steps on social media platform(s) are carried out after a draw has been sold out, they will not be counted.
· There is a maximum of three free entries for any one competition. The promoter has the authority to select which competition(s) have free entries, if any, and how many
· Free entries must be received by the promoter at least 48 hours prior to the closing date. Any free entries received after this date will not be processed and correct entries will not be entered into the draw.
· If free entries are received after the maximum number of entries for the competition has been reached, they will not be processed and correct entries will not be entered into the draw.
· It is the entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure that their entry is received by the Promoter in advance of the deadline.
· The promoter is under no obligation to confirm whether or not an entry was received prior to the deadline or whether the entrant’s answer to the Competition Question was correct.
· Any free entry not complying with the entry requirements contained in clause 3.6 shall be disqualified and not entered into the draw.
3.8 All entries must be submitted in the English language. Entries in languages other than English will automatically be disqualified and no refund will be given.
3.9 The promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not successfully completed (i.e. if the qualifying question is answered incorrectly, the entrant will still be charged but not entered into the draw), are lost or are delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal delays, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
3.10 By purchasing entries and submitting a competition entry, you are entering into a contract with the promoter and are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. By submitting a free entry to the competition, you are entering into a contract with the promoter and are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions
4. Choosing A Winner
4.1 All entrants whose entry has been received prior to the closing date or when a competition sells out will be placed into a draw and a winner will be chosen by a random draw. The draw will take place as soon as possible and, if necessary, within 7 days of the closing date, if any, or sell out of the competition. All draws will be conducted live.
5.1 The competition is open to all residents in the Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom (unless otherwise specified in the competition details) aged 16 years or over, except:
· Employees of the Promoter
· Employers of agents or suppliers of the promoter, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration
· Any immediate family members or households of the promoter or employees of the promoter
5.2 By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. If you fail to provide the promoter with any such proof or other information that they may require within a reasonable time, you may be disqualified from the competition.
5.3 The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
· Automatically generated by computer
5.4 The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
5.5 No refunds of the entry fee will be given in any event, including;
· if, following your entry into the competition, you subsequently find out that you are not eligible to enter the competition or claim the prize
· if, following your entry into the competition the eligibility criteria for entering the competition or claiming the prize changes and you are no longer eligible
· if, you are disqualified from the competition by the promoter for any reason
6. The Prize
6.1 The prize for the competition is described on the website. Details of the prize are, to the best of the promoter’s knowledge, information and belief, correct as at the opening date.
6.2 Prizes are subject to availability. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If any details of the prize change, the promoter will endeavour to update the Website as soon as reasonably possible.
6.3 The promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties about the prize, its value, its condition or any other information provided on the website. The promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties that the information provide on the website is accurate, complete or up to date.
6.4 The prize may be supplied by a third-party supplier. Details of the supplier (if any) will be provided on the website.
6.5 There is no cash alternative for the prize and the prize is not negotiable.
7.1 The decision of the promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
7.2 The promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the draw date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed the prize within 14 of days of the draw date, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the closing date.
7.3 The promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners to anyone who writes to the promoters address (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date of the competition.
7.4 If you object to your surname and county being published or made available, please contact the promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date. In such circumstances, the promoter must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
8. Claiming The Prize
8.1 You must claim the prize personally. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf (unless contact has been made and arrangement agreed with the promoter). Details of how the prize will be available for collection will be notified to the winning applicant.
8.2 If your personal details, including contact information, changes at any time you should notify the promoter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications should be sent to the promoter via email to email@example.com. Notifications must include details of the competition you have entered, your old details and your new details. If your details change within 2 days of the closing date, the promoter will use your old details if it needs to try to contact you.
8.3 The promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable to pay any compensation if you are unable to or do not take up the prize.
9. Limitation Of Liability
9.1 Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
10. Data Protection And Publicity
10.2 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the promoter.
10.3 If you do not wish to participate in any publicity, you must notify the promoter prior to the closing date. This will not affect your chances of winning the prize. If you do not agree to participate in any publicity about the competition we may still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority. This is a legal requirement that we must comply with to prove that the competition has been properly administered and the prize awarded.
10.4 If you are the winner of the competition, you may be required to provide further personal information and proof of your identity in order to confirm your eligibility to claim the prize and transfer ownership of the prize to you. You consent to the use of your information in this way. You are entitled to request further details about how your personal information is being used. You may also withdraw your consent to your personal information being used in such way but by doing so you may prevent the prize being transferred to you. In such circumstances, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the competition and forfeit the prize. You will not be entitled to any refund of your entry fee. The promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the closing date.
10.5 Please note that under data protection laws you are entitled to request that the promoter does not contact you and removes your details from its database. If you make such a request you will be withdrawing from the competition as it will not be possible to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You will not be entitled to any refund of any entry fee if you withdraw from the competition. If you do not wish any of your personal details to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes, please email the promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing data.
10.6 By entering the competition, you agree that your order number, name and entry number(s) will be displayed on our social media platforms and or our website.
11.1 The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions will be available on the website.
11.2 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition and any future competitions.
11.3 The promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
11.4 These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
11.5 You should print a copy of these terms and conditions and keep them for your records.